Our Vendor Network
Protos Security’s Vendor Management Strategy
Due Diligence, Maintaining Consistency & Network Expansion
Protos Security reshaped the security industry with a unique approach of matching the best vendors for our clients’ needs through our managed service model. To ensure our network of vendors are held accountable and providing consistent, excellent guarding service, our cloud-based software tool unifies service levels by accurately monitoring performance in real-time and ensuring our clients are billed for actual hours worked. Our extensive vetting processes and internal management procedures make our program oversight stronger than any other in the industry.
To ensure that we truly can serve our clients with the best fit, Protos has the largest nationwide security network. Currently, our vendor network is comprised of over 4,000 regionally-based providers – and that number is growing. Protos’ diverse vendor network allows us to provide the right security vendor to handle a variety of requests. From security for portfolio management to single-site security needs for temporary assignments, our network offers extensive, flexible coverage.
Our vendors are small to regional service providers, typically founded by former police or military. As entrepreneurs, they thrive by their business succeeding and they have vast experience with leadership across the spectrum of security. Like Protos, they have a vested interest in making sure clients are not only happy but are being heard and understood. Unlike Protos, though, many small security guarding companies do not have the administrative overhead to effectively track time/attendance and incident reporting.
This is where Protos’ comprehensive cloud-based platform elevates their service capabilities, with features such as electronic work orders, timekeeping, and incident reporting. With all security vendors using our platform, we can monitor every post in real-time and accurately compile performance data. This provides the best possible combination of a local entrepreneurial spirit, backed by Protos’ ability to focus on our creating the best technology solution.
Yes. As many of our clients have discovered, we can match the best security vendor to the client’s unique needs. We also don’t need to establish a new local presence or hire more officers to expand service, so we have the ability to staff posts faster than even our largest competitors. Backed by our industry-leading technology and innovation, clients receive a standardized program with full transparency, real-time updates, improved visibility and to–the–minute billing. These factors, along with our client-centric service first culture, places us heads above our competition in meeting – and often exceeding – client needs.
Since 2006, we have been building our technology platform to make security management as efficient as possible while cultivating a company based on service excellence. We have sought out vendors that repeatedly perform at high quality service levels and reward them with more opportunities for work whenever possible. For many of our vendors, Protos is their largest client, and our work is mutually beneficial. Plus, they know that we have multiple vendor options in each region, so they give Protos the most competitive pricing to pass along to our clients.
Our software provides incentives for quality work, both at the officer and vendor levels. One example is the way we track time, including clocking in/out and arriving as scheduled. Officers are incentivized to arrive on time because our technology ensures that they only clock in when they are within a close radius of the client site and their pay is based on this. Unlike many of our competitors, we bill for the actual minutes worked instead of the projections. Our vendors are incentivized to ensure their officers are providing the best possible service because they know that we have a large network and could replace the officer or vendor if needed.
We believe punctuality is proportional to quality, and a vendor with a good management structure will be shown to have a high success rate in ensuring officers arrive at their post on time, among other key metrics regularly tracked.
Protos employs quality assurance (QA) specialists to perform location checks every 14 days to ensure proper service is being provided. The results of these QA calls are then passed onto our vendor partners and service agents for discussion and follow up if necessary. This constant stream of feedback is part of the ongoing evaluation of our security vendors and why high-quality guarding companies work hard to remain a valuable vendor with Protos.
Protos Security has strict standards for who we use as vendors. At a minimum, our vendors must:
1. Be a licensed guarding company (if operating in a state which regulates guarding companies).
2. Perform pre-employment drug screenings and pre-employment background checks.
3. Have a program for ongoing random drug testing.
4. Not subcontract security personnel from another company.
The Protos Security Vendor Vetting Process
- A detailed form on the Protos website collects information including a company profile, coverage areas and points of communication for the guard company.
- Submission of documentation, including state licenses (if applicable), certificate of insurance (COI) and W-9 information.
- Verify all submitted documentation.
- Check references.
- Conduct online searches for any bad press or other red flags.
- Bi-monthly KPI Trend Report: Through our KPI data, our compliance team can determine trends and areas of improvement with each security vendor and discuss any concerns monthly. As a result, our vendors always have a clear understanding of their performance levels and service quality trends.
- Service Agents: The status of every Protos post is tracked in real-time by our dispatch team. Each week, Service Agents and vendors receive automated reports which contain tardy alerts, early clock outs, and the number of incident reports. These ensure that everyone is aware of problems that may exist and provides the Service Agents with the information they need to resolve any issues.
- Annual Review: Online searches can yield valuable information on a company or its owners. Our system reminds us annually, to perform searches on Google and social media. We look for red flags about the company as well as its principal leaders.
Removing Your Administrative Burden
Certificate of Insurance Record-Keeping
Protos tracks the expiration dates of certificates of insurance for all vendors. Expiration reminders are automatically generated twice a week starting 30 days prior to the expiration. If the vendor does not forward a replacement COI, our system alerts us, and we reach out to the vendor for an update.
State License Information
In the US, 43 states require guarding companies to be licensed. As the company of record, we are required to have their license information on file. Our system will alert us to the upcoming license expirations which, in turn, leads us to work closely with our vendors to ensure their license is renewed.
Limiting Your Risk
Because Protos takes on the enforcement of license and insurance along with performing regular quality assurance tests, we can ensure the quality of security coverage for your business is top notch, thereby limiting your risk in hiring new providers.
Interested in learning more about Protos’ unique approach to security?
Request a demo today to see how our software keeps vendors accountable, offers you greater transparency into your own security program’s data and provides consistent quality service.
Interested in becoming a Protos Security vendor?
Find out why 4,000+ other security providers enjoy working with Protos. From gaining access to larger clients to utilizing our software at no charge, the benefits are limitless.